Threat Analysis & Strategic Support Branch
The Threat Analysis and Strategic Support (TASS) Branch is the national focal point for polygraph and credibility assessment (CA) countermeasure detection and awareness activities and provides polygraph support in the form of operational and technical advice and assistance to strategic counterintelligence and law enforcement efforts.
- Provide comprehensive and refresher PDD countermeasure and counter-countermeasure instruction for Federal examiners.
- Collect, maintain, and analyze field data to identify and report trends.
- Conduct initial investigation and analysis into PDD techniques, sensors, and equipment.
- Conduct initial investigation and analysis into CA methods, techniques, sensors, and equipment.
- Investigate, develop, and provide specialized and advanced CA instruction in methods and techniques to assist intelligence, security and law enforcement operations.
- Provide training at national CI training sites, as requested, in support to sensitive operations.
- Advise polygraph programs and senior leadership on polygraph policies and procedures.
Send questions or comments to the Webmaster.