Quality Assurance Program Branch
The Quality Assurance Program (QAP) provides quality assurance oversight for federal credibility assessment (CA) programs participating in the NCCA oversight process. Participating federal programs adhere to standardized practices set forth in the Federal Psychophysiological Detection of Deception Examiner Handbook (Handbook) and the PCASS Handbook. Through QAP operational assistance and SME advice, polygraph technical support is routinely provided for CA programs with counterintelligence (CI), security and law enforcement (LE) missions. Advanced polygraph training designed to reinforce the use of standardized polygraph practices based upon the standards detailed in the Handbook, agency policy, QAP oversight findings and NCCA curriculum is provided for the federal polygraph community.
- Provide quality assurance oversight for federal CI, security and LE polygraph and PCASS programs.
- Through the NCCA Continuing Education Program, provide advanced training for senior polygraph examiners and polygraph program managers to assist these SMEs apply standardized polygraph practices as detailed in the Handbook, in agency policy, and NCCA curriculum.
- Act as the Office or Primary Responsibility for the Office of the Director, National Intelligence regarding federal polygraph quality assurance matters.
- Provide assistance to PCASS programs transitioning into combat theaters with SME assistance in developing and implementing programs.
- Conduct reviews of complex high profile polygraph and PCASS examinations to assess compliance with ethical, professional, and technical standards.
- Assist federal, state and local LE, CI, and Joint Terrorism Task Force members develop and implement CA standards; and when appropriate, provide SME investigative assistance in applying CA procedures in an operational setting.
- Provide SME support to federal polygraph programs and senior leadership on CA issues involving administrative and judicial matters.
Send questions or comments to the Webmaster.