Quality Assurance Program Branch
The Quality Assurance Program (QAP) provides quality assurance (QA) inspections of polygraph and PCASS programs for all federal agencies with established credibility assessment (CA) programs. The QAP routinely provides operational and technical support for CA programs with law enforcement (LE), security and counterintelligence (CI) missions. Advanced CA training is provided for LE, security and CI polygraph programs and deploying PCASS units.
- Provide QA inspections for federal CI and LE polygraph programs.
- Provide assistance to PCASS programs that are transitioning into combat theaters in implementing/developing their programs.
- Conduct reviews of complex high profile polygraph and PCASS examinations to assess compliance with ethical, professional and technical standards.
- Provide specialized continuing education training to senior polygraph examiners and deployed PCASS operators.
- Assist federal, state and local LE CI and Joint Terrorism Task Force members develop and implement CA standards; and when appropriate, provide investigative assistance in applying CA procedures in an operational setting.
- Provide subject matter expertise for polygraph programs and senior leadership on CA issues involving administrative and judicial matters.
Send questions or comments to the Webmaster.